We're getting closer to the opening date for the QLINE, which starts rolling down Woodward May 12. In addition to Opening Day celebrations, the QLINE is ramping up its outreach. Two new videos have been released for pedestrian, bicycle, and car safety.
Here are the big takeaways:
- The QLINE takes a while to slow down, so don't cut it off and don't wander into the street if you're on foot or bike (actually, don't wander into the street any time).
- There will be a transit-only light at intersections, so pay attention to the lights; the QLINE will cross lanes of traffic.
- This has been said before, but Cass is the preferred route for cyclists. Woodward will have car and rail traffic now, so just be aware if you're on bike.
- Cyclists should cross at a 90 degree angle — don't get your bike stuck in the tracks.
- Do not park on the track!. Please. Thank you.
The Grand Opening for the QLINE will be May 12, with a big celebration and a first ride.
Regular QLINE hours (starting May 13):
- 6 a.m. – 11 p.m. Monday – Thursday
- 6 a.m. – midnight on Friday
- 8 a.m. – midnight on Saturday
- 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Sunday.
There is one more community meeting to discuss questions about biking, road access, and coexisting with the rail. The meeting is April 20 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. More information can be found on the M1 Rail website.