Freshman Free Parking Pilot Program
Welcome to Wayne State University! If you need campus parking for the fall 2016 semester, please follow the procedures below to enroll in the Freshman Free Parking Pilot Program — registration opens July 18. Please note that due to high parking demand, we encourage you to register early to secure a spot in your preferred structure or lot. Locations will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If your preferred location is unavailable, you will have to choose another location. If you will be living on campus in university housing, you can select Structure 2 or 8, depending on where you reside.
- Click on the button above to register for the pilot program.
- Enter your Academica login and password.
- Scroll down and select “FTIAC Parking for Fall 2016.”
- Agree to follow the rules and regulations as outlined on the WSU parking website (make sure you read this section).
- Enter your vehicle(s) information accurately — you can enter more than one vehicle.
- Select your location from the dropdown menu.
- If you are living in Atchison, Ghafari or The Towers, select “P46-PS2 – Structure 2.”
- If you are living in University Towers, select “P98 – Structure 8.”
- Select the delivery location for your permit. If you want your permit delivered to a different address than what is listed, click “Add” and enter the new address information.
- Enter your email address.
- Select “Pay Now.”
- Verify purchase and check the box next to “I have read and understand the above statements.”
- Select “Pay Now” again. (Note: You will not be charged. The system will process a $0 transaction.)
- You will receive a printable receipt via email.
Parking permits requested in July will be mailed out starting in early August. All other passes should arrive within three to five business days from request. Beginning Wednesday, Aug. 31, swipe your OneCard in the Assigned OneCard reader when entering and exiting your designated parking facility. Remember to hang your permit on your rearview mirror at all times when parked on campus.
If you have any questions or need assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 313-577-CARD (2273).Jon Frederick
Director, Parking and Transportation Services