All full-time and part-time Wayne State University students are eligible for assigned parking. You can purchase a semester parking pass, starting at $280, which allows unlimited entry and exit to an assigned structure/lot. For all new parking customers, there is a one-time non-refundable/non-transferable $25.00 user fee for a RFID hangtag that will be automatically added to your parking purchase. Assigned parking is on a pre-paid basis at the rates approved by the Board of Governors. You can purchase passes at the ONECARD/Parking Service Center in the Welcome Center room 257, CASH ONLY. Also you can use credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or check (no starter checks) online at: online web purchase.
Note: All credit card and check sales must be completed online; we no longer process credit card or check transactions in the office for patrons.
Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) readers have been installed at high volume entry and exit points throughout campus. Parking hangtags with embedded RFID chips have been distributed to students and faculty/staff enrolled in the assigned/semester parking program. Hangtags will be read automatically and open the gates as you enter or exit the parking facilities. The RFID Hang Tag device provides a “Hands Free” parking access experience for our customers.
To help ensure proper operation:
- RFID hangtags must be displayed hanging from the vehicle rearview mirror. Hangtags must be displayed with the WSU Warrior Word mark facing out (toward the windshield) during all times when the vehicle is parked in as WSU lot or structure
- Metal and other radio frequency hangtags (toll passes) may interfere with the proper operation of the WSU hang tag. Please remove these items in order for your hang tag to operate without interference. Place the WSU hangtag as close to the windshield as possible. Please remove all other items in front of or behind the WSU hang tag, including old WSU hangtags.
- In order for your RFID tag to work properly it must be used in sequence, in then out of the parking area. Failure to use your parking tag in sequence will result in access being denied.
- Approach the gate slowly at a rate of no more than 1 mph and be prepared to stop as equipment takes time to read and register each RFID tag. Speeds in excess of 1 mph may cause failure to read RFID tag.
- Do not Tailgate. Please leave room between you and the vehicle in front of you as you approach the gate. Good rule of thumb is ½ car length.
- If the gate does not open with your RFID hangtag use your WSU ONECARD to enter the parking area. See a parking attendant or call for parking assistance at (577-1979).
- The RFID hangtag is intended for the sole use of the individual to which it has been assigned.
- Please ensure proper care and handling of the RFID hang tag as it is reusable and will be used for multiple years.
Should you experience any problems, please see attendant or call for parking assistance (313) 577-1979.
The assigned parking permit does not guarantee you a reserved space, but only the opportunity to park within a specific area within a parking structure or lot. If you need to change your assigned parking area, please contact the ONECARD/Parking Service Center at 576-PARK (7275) or stop by the Welcome Center, room 257. Please note that changes can be made only if space is available.
If you lose your WSU hangtag; there is currently a $25 replacement fee. Parking in a handicap spot without your hangtag may result in being issued a ticket, for which you will be responsible.
If you choose not to join the assigned parking program, you may park in general parking areas available in any of the numbered parking lots or parking structures. Most general parking lots are gate controlled and operate on a swipe in and swipe out. Students should use their WSU ONECARD, like a debit card, to pay for general parking. You can deposit money online to your WSU ONECARD account via a credit card (Visa, MasterCard), at a Cash System Value Terminal or by check at the ONECARD/Parking Service Center located in the Welcome Center, room 257. To enter a general parking lot swipe you’re WSU ONECARD and the fee is debited from your personal account. To exit the parking area swipe your WSU ONECARD again.
Funds deposited online at Pipeline and at a CSVT machine are generally available within 15-30 minutes. Funds deposited with a check at the ONECARD/Parking Service Center are available within 24 hours.
For a complete listing and price chart of all the Wayne State University parking areas please click here.
Wayne State University Parking and Transportation Services permits validly licensed motorcycles to park in WSU parking lots and structures. For more information please click here.
To cancel your assigned parking, you must fill out the Cancelation Form and turn in your completed form to the ONECARD/Parking Service Center located in the Welcome Center, room 257.
Metered parking is available throughout campus. The majority of metered parking is on the City of Detroit streets and is monitored by the City of Detroit Municipal Parking Department, not Wayne State University.
Wayne State University metered parking is available at parking lots 21 (located on Antoinette), 58 (Physics Building) and Scott Hall.
Wayne State University enforces its meters 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please report broken Wayne State University meters to the ONECARD/Parking Service Center by calling (313) 577-3704.
Refunds will be processed for any unused, prepaid parking after you cancel your parking at Wayne State University provided your parking account is in good standing with no unpaid parking violations. Parking is prorated weekly. Refunds are based on the remaning weeks of the semester (not when the pass was last used). Parking passes can only be canceled prior to the last two weeks of the semester.