Parking and Transportation's actions due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Whitmer's stay-at-home order
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Whitmer's stay-at-home order, the following actions have occurred within Parking and Transportation Services:
- Parking structures 3, 4, 5 and 6 are temporarily closed.
- Staffing levels have been reduced and most of our employees are working remotely with limited on-campus response.
- Our parking equipment provider and C&IT are working to provide remote intercom access. Unfortunately, it is not available at this time. If you need assistance, we ask that you call our 24-hour Parking Command Center at 313-577-1979.
- All battery jumps and lockout services provided by Parking and Transportation Services have been suspended until further notice.
- WSU shuttle services are suspended until further notice.
- Employee parking cancellations are not necessary at this time for individuals who receive payroll deductions. The university has suspended parking deductions effective with the April 1 pay. They will be automatically reinstated once the shelter-in-place restrictions are lifted and we resume normal operations. Please note that employees who cancel their payroll deductions must wait 30 days to re-enroll in the parking payroll deduction program.
- For employees who purchase semester parking and do not receive payroll deductions or use campus parking for your residence, you may submit an online cancellation form.
- Students who request a prorated refund for the winter 2020 term should do so using the online cancellation form. Due to the extreme volume of requests, refunds may take four to six weeks. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Note: For those who paid for their parking permit online with a credit card or by check, your refund will be returned to your credit card or checking account. For those who paid in the office with cash or with funds from your OneCard, you will be issued a paper check by mail.
Wayne State is implementing a number of changes in response to COVID-19. For the latest information, visit the coronavirus webpage.