All full-time and part-time Wayne State University faculty and staff are eligible for assigned parking. The assigned-parking permit does not guarantee you a personal parking space, but there will always be enough permit spaces within a specific parking structure or lot.
Purchasing a permit
Assigned parking is on a prepaid basis, either by payroll deduction or payment in full at the beginning of a semester, at the rates approved by the Board of Governors.
If you are not on regular Wayne State University payroll or prefer not to use payroll deductions, you may pay with a credit card or check (no starter checks) at the beginning of each semester online at online web purchase. You may also pay at the OneCard/Parking Service Center in the Welcome Center, Room 257. For all new parking customers, there is a one-time, non-refundable/non-transferable fee for an RFID hangtag that will automatically be added to your parking purchase. If you need to change your assigned parking area, please contact the OneCard/Parking Service Center at 313-577-CARD (2273) or stop by the Welcome Center, Room 257. Please note that changes can be made only if space is available.
Note: Due to the availability of our online system, the OneCard/Parking Service Center accepts payments made with a WSU ONECARD ONLY for parking pass sales. Those patrons with cash should pay cash at the Cashier's Office (Rm 217) and bring the receipt to the OneCard/Parking Service Center or load the cash onto your OneCard for payment in the Service Center. For your convenience, a OneCard machine is located on the 2nd floor of the Welcome Center outside of the Service Center.
If you are a full-time, nine-month or 12-month WSU employee and are on Wayne State's payroll, you can participate in the payroll deduction program to pay for parking. Payroll deductions are taken out pre-taxed unless you fill out a Pre-Tax Parking Deduction Waiver Form. Staff purchasing parking permits for the first time via payroll deductions, complete the online Payroll Deduction form or complete your transaction at the OneCard/Parking Service Center located in Room 257 of the Welcome Center. Staff who wish to make an adjustment to their payroll deductions, complete the online Payroll Deduction Adjustment form.
To cancel your assigned parking, completed the online Cancellation form. All cancellations are processed from the day notice is received, not your last day of work.
Refunds will be processed for any unused, prepaid parking after you cancel your parking, provided your parking account is in good standing with no unpaid parking violations. Complete the online Refund Request form.
Faculty or staff who temporarily leave Wayne State University for medical or other reasons may find it financially beneficial to stop and restart their parking. To stop your parking and receive a refund for any unused parking, you must complete the Cancellation Form and turn it into the OneCard/Parking Service Center, located in the Welcome Center, Room 257. After you return from leave you must re-enroll in the payroll deduction plan by completing a Payroll Deduction Form and submitting it to the OneCard/Parking Service Center. The completed form must be submitted in person.
Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) readers have been installed at high-volume entry and exit points throughout campus. Parking hangtags with embedded RFID chips have been distributed to students and faculty/staff enrolled in the assigned/semester parking program. Hangtags will be read automatically and open the gates as you enter or exit the parking facilities. The RFID Hangtag device provides "hands-free" parking access for our customers.
To help ensure proper operation:
- RFID hangtags must be displayed hanging from the vehicle rearview mirror. Hangtags must be displayed with the WSU Warriors logo facing out (toward the windshield) at all times when the vehicle is parked in as WSU lot or structure.
- Metal and other radio frequency hangtags (toll passes) may interfere with the proper operation of the WSU hangtag. Please remove these items in order for your hangtag to operate without interference. Place the WSU hangtag as close to the windshield as possible. Please remove all other items in front of or behind the WSU hang tag, including old WSU hangtags.
- In order for your RFID tag to work properly it must be used in sequence, on entry and exit from the parking area. Failure to use your parking tag in sequence will result in access being denied.
- Approach the gate slowly and be prepared to stop as equipment takes time to read and register each RFID tag. Speeds in excess of 1 mph may cause failure to read RFID tag.
- Do not tailgate. Please leave room between you and the vehicle in front of you as you approach the gate. A good rule of thumb is half a car length.
- If the gate does not open with your RFID hangtag, use your WSU OneCard to enter the parking area. See a parking attendant or call for parking assistance at 313-577-1979.
- The RFID hangtag is intended for the sole use of the individual to which it has been assigned.
- Please ensure proper care and handling of the RFID hangtag, as it is reusable and will be used for multiple years.
Should you experience any problems, please see attendant or call for parking assistance 313-577-1979.
If you lose your WSU hangtag; there is a $25.00 replacement fee. Please report the missing tag to the OneCard/Parking Service Center at 313-577-CARD (2273) or stop by the Welcome Center, Room 257.