All full-time and part-time Wayne State University students are eligible for assigned parking. You can purchase a semester parking pass, which allows unlimited entry and exit to an assigned structure/lot. The assigned parking permit does not guarantee you a personal parking space, but ensures that there will always be enough permit spaces within a specific parking structure or lot for you to park.
If you need to change your assigned parking area, please contact the OneCard/Parking Service Center at 313-577-CARD (2273) or stop by the Welcome Center, Room 257. Please note that changes can be made only if space is available.
Purchasing a permit
Assigned parking is on a prepaid basis at the rates approved by the Board of Governors. You can purchase passes at the OneCard/Parking Service Center in the Welcome Center room 257. You can use a credit card or a check (no starter checks) online at online web purchase. For all new parking customers, there is a one-time, non-refundable/non-transferable user fee for an RFID hangtag that will automatically be added to your parking purchase.
Note: Due to the availability of our online system, the OneCard/Parking Service Center accepts payments made with a WSU ONECARD ONLY for parking pass sales. Those patrons with cash should pay cash at the Cashier's Office (Rm 217) and bring the receipt to the OneCard/Parking Service Center or load the cash onto your OneCard for payment in the Service Center. For your convenience, a OneCard machine is located on the 2nd floor of the Welcome Center outside of the Service Center.
To cancel your assigned parking, complete the online Cancellation Request form. All cancellations are processed from the day notice is received, not your last day of school.
Refunds will be processed for any unused, prepaid parking after you cancel your parking at Wayne State University, provided your parking account is in good standing with no unpaid parking violations. Parking is prorated weekly. Refunds are based on the remaining weeks of the semester (not when the pass was last used). Parking passes can only be canceled before the last two weeks of each semester. Complete the online Refund Request form.
Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) readers have been installed at high-volume entry and exit points throughout campus. Parking hangtags with embedded RFID chips have been distributed to students and faculty/staff enrolled in the assigned/semester parking program. Hangtags will be read automatically and open the gates as you enter or exit the parking facilities. The RFID hangtag device provides "hands-free" parking access for our customers.
To help ensure proper operation:
- RFID hangtags must be displayed hanging from the vehicle rearview mirror. Hangtags must be displayed with the WSU Warriors logo facing out (toward the windshield) at all times when the vehicle is parked in a WSU lot or structure
- Metal and other radio frequency hangtags (toll passes) may interfere with the proper operation of the WSU hangtag. Please remove these items in order for your hangtag to operate without interference. Place the WSU hangtag as close to the windshield as possible. Please remove all other items in front of or behind the WSU hangtag, including old WSU hangtags.
- In order for your RFID tag to work properly, it must be used in sequence both on entry and exit from the parking area. Failure to use your parking tag in sequence will result in access being denied.
- Approach the gate slowly and be prepared to stop as equipment takes time to read and register each RFID tag. Speeds in excess of 1 mph may cause failure to read the RFID tag.
- Do not tailgate. Please leave room between you and the vehicle in front of you as you approach the gate. A good rule of thumb is half a car length.
- If the gate does not open with your RFID hangtag, use your WSU OneCard to enter the parking area. See a parking attendant or call 313-577-1979 if you need further assistance.
- The RFID hangtag is intended for the sole use of the individual to whom it has been assigned.
- Please ensure proper care and handling of the RFID hangtag, as it is reusable and will be used for multiple years.
Should you experience any problems, please see attendant or call 313-577-1979 for assistance.
There is a $25.00 replacement fee if your WSU hangtag is lost, stolen or damaged . Please report lost hangtags immediately to the OneCard/Parking Service Center at 313-577-CARD (2273) or stop by the Welcome Center, Room 257.